Rent-to-Buy or Outright Purchase, what's best for my shelter?
So you’ve investigated all of your shelter options and finally worked out what site shelter solution will work best for you… you are now starting to think about what step to take next, and what options are out there to suit your financial position.
It’s easy to feel a bit like a fish out of water when it comes to choosing between finance and purchase, especially when there is no straightforward answer as to what you should do when purchasing your shelter. The team at Siteshelter® want to make the shelter buying process as easy as possible, so continue reading to discover what options are out there and how these options may apply to you.
Should I Purchase my Siteshelter Container Shelter outright?
If the site requirement for your Dome Container Shelters is an ongoing one, outright purchase is most likely going to be the payment solution for you.
Outright Purchase could be for you if;
- You know what site shelter you need and you need it for a semi-permanent to permanent solution on your site
- Your shelter will be used long term on multiple projects, moved from project site to project site
- You need additional workspace, storage space, protection from the elements without the pain of building something classed as a ‘permanent structure’
- You constantly require extra covered space for equipment and/or staff
- You have existing Shipping Containers onsite that need ongoing protection from the elements
If you find that your site needs extra protection for your assets and staff, and you require protection for the long term, or for multiple projects, then outright purchase of your site shelter is probably the best option for you.
Rent-to-Buy, is this option for me?
Financing your Site Shelters can be favourable if your current situation is only temporary and your requirements for a Shelter on site may not be long term. Situations like these can include short-term to unknown term projects or perhaps the need for temporary storage for extra equipment or additional workers.
Rent-to-Buy could be for you if:
- You only need your Shelter for Temporary use
- You aren’t sure if you want to keep your Shelter in the long run and would like the option to ‘try’ it out before you purchase it outright
- You don’t want to tie up capital in commercial equipment
- You would prefer to make affordable weekly rental payments which are 100% tax-deductible
- You would like to make sure you don’t affect your capacity to borrow for future expansion (renting is off ‘balance sheet’)
- You’re requirements continuously change, and you are unsure of how long you will require your Shelter.
Rent-to-Buy of your Container Shelters provides you with more flexibility than outright purchase, especially if you are unsure of what your situation will be in 12 months time. However, unlike outright purchase, depending on your situation Rent-to-Buy could end up being an ongoing expense for longer than you predicted, and costing more than it would as an original once-off purchase.
Siteshelter®, I need your help!
The team at Siteshelter® are equipped with the tools to help you get the Shelter to your site now – and talk you through what your payment options are.
Our Container Shelters are in stock (subject to availability at time of order) and ready to go, so all you have to decide is… which one is best for your site?
Each Siteshelter® Container Shelter is fully engineered to Australian Standards and comes with a 5 year warranty – one frame AND cover!
Whether you should Rent-to-Buy or Purchase Outright really depends on what the Shelter will be utilised for, and for how long.
We would recommend you talk to your accountant for advice before making a large financial decision, as each individual and each business has different needs.